Monday, July 6, 2015

Trouble in Paradise


A friend has expressed exasperation with my inability to get over my past. At least that is what I understand from an email I got today The revelation came out of an email exchange about what I write on this blog and how what I write can affect my relationships.

I sincerely do not want to disappoint my friends, but neither am I interested, really, in changing my behavior (about which I have no concern) for a friend. I like writing here. I like having a record of my ups and downs and my activities.

I figure things out when I walk and record my conclusions or conundrums here. This is my space. I like this medium better than a paper diary because I can do searches on it and easily find things whereas I was always thumbing through my index-less book diaries looking for things kept in the past.

I will never deny my past or its impact on my psyche, but I must think carefully about what I write here henceforth.

No comments: