Saturday, February 25, 2017

Cipralex: It’s time.

I felt betrayed and defeated late Friday afternoon.
I’d decided against daily drugs. I felt I was doing too well. But then late yesterday afternoon I joined Larry, Allan and Camille at the Sylvia for drinks. They had invited three friends who joined us and, unfortunately, I had a total meltdown.
The incident felt like a huge regression. One minute I was laughing and having fun with Allan and Camille and then four other people arrived and I quickly lost my ability to talk and started having seizures.
It’s terribly frustrating not having any idea why these incidents occur. Without understanding why things happen, what am I to learn from such an incident?  I went to a party of as many people at Christmas and it was fine— perhaps because I knew all the guests and it was in a home I’d been to before. 
Did I have my meltdown because the newcomers were strangers? Is it because the bar was too busy and full of people? Allan and Larry had to drive me home. I went to bed at 9:30, exhausted from the ordeal, and had a very deep sleep.
Obviously I will talk to Dr. Shoja about what happened on Tuesday. In the meantime, the incident has convinced me to fill my prescription and to start Cipralex today. It’s time.

















No comments: