Sunday, May 14, 2017

One Word; One Day


It’s five thirty Sunday afternoon and all I’ve had to eat today is two pieces of toast but I’ve done a lot of work on my defiant dress (#10). I started just before nine this morning. It took me eight-and-a-half hours to do eight letters so it takes an hour to carve out each letter. The skirt is about thirty-two inches high and the whole things is three-quoters of an inch thick.
I had no idea how hard it would be to do this; the paper mulch I made dried very hard. I keep breaking my knife blades but I got one word done. (Doing small letters is going to kill me.) My right hand is in revolt. Pulling on the blade through the dried mulch gives me cramps.
Even though I’m obsessive, I doubt I’ll finish this dress before the end of July. This is a two hundred-hour plus dress.

No comments: