Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Study, Study, Study

“It is always observable that silence propagates itself, and that the longer talk has been suspended, the more difficult it is to find anything to say.”   ~ Samuel Johnson

I started studying early in the morning yesterday. I reviewed all the signs I’d learned so far in the course and discovered I’d already forgotten some. So, I made a list of the one’s I needed to practice and got to it. For a beak, I went into the village to fetch my pills and to do some grocery shopping so that I could make another batch of fish curry. I love fish curry. Yum!

In the afternoon, I started on the long list of words of my fourth lesson and found myself happy and excited about learning more. When I video chatted with Steve, I signed for every word that I knew while I was talking. It’s a way to practice and I loved it. Poor Steve has Covid, but he has no symptoms at all.

I studied much of the day, and then I did some reading for a rest/reward. It’s funny, the sign for “bear” is so memorable, I will never forget it. It’s funny how some signs are instantly and permanently embedded in my brain. I wish they were all that simple.

We bailed on this morning’s walk with our friends. She’s still sensitive on her feet and so we’ll not walk much today or tomorrow. She would not even get out of the car yesterday, so I reckon more gentle days are in order. We’ll walk with our friends again on Friday.

Today will be like most other days of late: studying all morning and into the early afternoon, reading in the afternoon and television in the evening. 
















No comments: