Saturday, July 15, 2023

Hot and Hobbled

Oh my God, my new walker is incredible. I love it and wish I’d had it weeks ago. The Gabriola Ambulance Society has lent me a Rolls Royce of a walker for three months at no cost. What a blessing. It has 4 wheels and turns on a pinpoint. And it has a seat. It’s a wonder!

And so is Sosa, my new neighbour’s little puppy. He’s a magnificent little guy, and I love how much exercise and fun Sheba is getting in his company. I open our friendship gate every morning so that they can play all day. They are perfect friends, even though Sheba towers over Sosa. As my pain diminishes, everything feels and looks wonderful to me.

All I had to do yesterday was water the gardens. It used to take me an hour, now it takes me more like two hours due to the slowness of my pace and having to move the chairs everywhere so that I can water everything sitting down. It was a slow gentle day yesterday, a much, much less painful day than any other in the past two weeks.

It was 30° yesterday afternoon, way too hot for me to be outside in it. I did my reading in the splendor of my cool indoors. The more I moved, the more the pain came on, so I am much, much better but I remain vulnerable. The new walker is a godsend for me. Whenever I want, I can stop and perch on the seat. Oh, how I wish I’d had this walker two weeks ago.

Last night was torture. I could not find a comfortable position in which to fall asleep. I slept eventually, but when I woke up, I could not get back to sleep. Tonight, I’m going to take a marijuana pill before bed. Without good sleep, recovery will be slow.

Today, I’ll go to the farmers’ market with my walker, and I’ll just chill the rest of the day. I don’t have to water much until late in the afternoon. So, I’ll be reading and relaxing in hopes of having a comfortable night.

The chores I need to do are piling up. I wonder when I’ll feel up to doing some of them.
















No comments: