Friday, July 21, 2023

Oh Sleep!

I watered in the morning and puttered around the yard until Jay arrived to do some transplanting for me. He moved 4 plants for me and took out the Lemon Balm plant that was overtaking the garden and seeding itself everywhere. I am so grateful to have those things done.

Then I went to the clinic to drop off information about my pacemaker. I have to get the MRI on a special machine for people with metal mechanical implants.  

Dan called to postpone the paver schlepping until Saturday, and Jay said he’d help me complete the footpath once the pavers are here. I like the sound of that. I love Jay and I can take him to lunch before or after the work is done, to thank him. And it’d be fun for me to have lunch with him.

In the afternoon, Pete came by to visit. We had a nice chat. Our friendship is thriving. And after he left, I collapsed onto the chaise. I was in quite a bit of pain and dreading the coming night. I had good reason to worry. Last night was another dreadful night of tossing and turning in my bed, trying to find a position that didn’t hurt. But I couldn’t, so I wound up on the couch with my legs on a big foot stool. I managed to eventually fall asleep on the couch, and when I woke, I went back for a bit more sleep in the bed.

I dead the nights. Tonight, I’m going to Stacy’s for dinner with her and Nancy. I’m going to get some Prosecco and I plan to have a couple of glasses of it in hopes that the alcohol will help me get to sleep tonight. 

But first, I'm off to physio with Cory and then I go to my favourite sushi shop for lunch. Yay!
















No comments: