Saturday, July 22, 2023

No Sleep

Well … he’s just as thrilling to be with the second time! I’m talking about Cory, the physiotherapist. We had a short and great session in that I got lots of information about how best to live with this. Plus, he has a pain clinic to refer me to, should that become a good idea. I feel that I’m in great hands with Cory. Cory and my walker are making this sustainable.

I don’t see him again for three weeks. He doesn’t want to begin extension exercises until the inflammation is down and I’m feeling relatively pain free.

When I got home, I had a lot of watering to do, and soon it was time to go to Stacy’s for dinner. Nancy, Stace and I had the most wonderful evening. We ate outside and had a really lovely simple meal together. Nancy brought he salad and I took dessert. I always thoroughly enjoy myself with Stacey.

Then it was home for a night from Hell. I went to bed at 10:00 and kept checking the time as I tossed and turned in bed, rejected the bed and moved to the couch, then the chaise, then the bed again, and I remember checking my watch at 2:30, still wide awake. And I hear the news on the radio at 3:00 because I’d turned on the radio at low volume as sometimes that makes me go to sleep.

At some point I finally fell asleep and didn’t wake until 8:00 am this morning. And I’m not in good shape. I’m going to have to chill today, or I’ll have a very rough night, given that I’m already suffering.

Dan and Steve met me at Arbutus Lumber this morning, and I bought 30 more pavers for the footpath. They loaded all the pavers into their car, brought them home, and then schlepped theme to my work site. They were very happy to be helpful and I am very, very grateful to them.

I’m not touching the pavers today. I’m going to read and maybe do some simple things around the garden. I’ll be watering the gardens in the late afternoon—and without chairs, I’m using my walker as a seat.


The photos today are of a secluded villa in the

Valley of Fire in Overton, Nevada.












No comments: