Wednesday, June 28, 2017

That's Mr. Spaz to You

Jesus Mary and Joseph… My arms are acting normal. Is spasticity a part of my past like the seizures? God I hope so. My hands don’t clench and my wrists are not curling and there’s no myoclonic movement any more. It all has me wondering what role Bruce’s stroke had on me.
You should see how he looks at me, our Bruce. He has no idea what those big moist eyeballs do to me. We have an unbreakable bond now.
And it’s the same with Rob. My relationship with him has become incredibly intimate with the advent of his illness. Like Bruce and I, he is single.
I’m terribly proud that I was able to get my iPad working. I got it several years ago and have never used it so I had a hell of a time finding the access code. Then I had to upgrade the apps and the operating system and remember how to use it. But in the end I successfully downloaded 92 podcasts for Bruce. I delivered it, fully loaded, in the afternoon.
I’m writing a story that Dwight asked me to write and I’m really enjoying it. I may print it as an iBook with some illustrations and surprise him with a gift of it. He doesn’t know I’m doing it but he’s asked me to write it twice. It’s about a brother and sister I knew when I was a child.
I’m having lunch with him today. I so love the man, but now not just him. Now he’s part of my trinity with Rob and Bruce.
This is a week without Dr. Shoja. I have just two more months of weekly sessions and then I start going semi-monthly for eight additional months. Then I am on my own and that both excites me and scares me to death.

















No comments: