Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Boiling Hot!

Yesterday was just brutal. It was 29° and with the humidity factored in, it was 35°. I left home to see Dr. Shoja at 8:15 am and I took the bus. Even so, I arrived dripping in sweat. I bussed home and stayed put. I kept cool water in the bathtub so that I could cool down whenever I wanted.
Today, thank God, is cooler. And there’s “wind;” well perhaps not wind but there is movement in the air. And there are clouds — lots of them. Bless those clouds. Both today and tomorrow are supposed to be cooler and then it’s back to temperatures in the thirties again for a week. Meanwhile in Houston, they’ve had more rain in four days than we get in a year!
Today’s a good day. My speech has been much better for three days. Everybody around me is noticing and I believe it’s due to my new “rules” for living. So does Dr. S. And if we are right we have every reason to believe my move will have a huge positive effect on my condition and speech.
I think Rob and I are done. I’m a bit sad; I miss him. It’s been two months. But the move was going to end it anyway. Lose a handsome, sexy boy toy … and gain a dog.
Beth and I have been friends forever. Her move to Toronto an infinity ago did not put a dent in our rapport. I read her blog; she read mine (Hello Beth!) and so we’ve rarely talked on the phone. We email. But the other day I video-phoned her and its clear to me that video-phoning’s going to be a big part of my life on the Island.
I’ve been doing it with Steve, my ex, since we’ve had the technology. It’s thrilling for me still to be able to see changes to his garden and home and to see him in various places around LA via Facetime or Skype.











This unfortunate creation is a wedding cake.







No comments: