Thursday, August 17, 2017

Sky Raisins

It still makes me laugh. His cat chases flies and eats them so when he sees flies, he says to his cat, “Hey Billie, sky raisins!” And when I was making kale chips, he said: “You know…. If you put a more oil than that on your kale it’s easier to slide it into the garbage.”
I’ve been watching Escape to the Chateau on CBC TV and absolutely loving it. The hosts, Dick and Angel, are both absolutely adorable and watching their adventure is as satisfying and fun as watching The Great British Bake Off. Occasionally, TV really works well.
Bruce came home today. I got an email from his home address already. I try to imagine how he must be feeling to be finally on his own again and back in his own bed after so harrowing an experience.
And finally: Tonight I’m having dinner with Dwight. He bailed on the auction. I love spending time with him; we always have so much fun.


Above are red bananas; they smaller and plumper than the common Cavendish banana. When ripe, raw red bananas have a flesh that is cream to light pink in color. They are also softer and sweeter than the yellow Cavendish varieties, and have a slight raspberry flavor.




















No comments: