Thursday, April 25, 2024

A Wonderul Visit With Ally & Peter

tuesday

Tuesday morning was hectic. Ally emailed to ask if I had a barbeque, and I told her I did, but that meant I had to get it out of storage and clean it. I made their beds, I made us a galette for dessert, I chopped some wood to have on hand, and I tidied up the shed. Then it was time for lunch. I fed the brood and myself and was busy cleaning up afterwards when Ally and Peter arrived.

They are great, great friends. I don’t know Peter as well as I know Ally, but I love him because he loves my dearest Ally. And they arrived with a large box of food. Peter loves to cook and he’s a great cook. He worked for years in the restaurant business; he made us an incredible, wonderful, delicious meal and plentiful meal. Food made for you always tastes better than food made by oneself, don’t you find?

It was beyond wonderful to be together, and we quickly and comfortably fell into a rhythm. We are very compatible. As Peter began his preparations, Ally and I walked Her Highness and Ally loved the sunshine, the lovely warm temperatures and she was amazed by the trees in the forest. When we got home, I just about died from the beautiful fragrances of a meal in progress. What a treat being cooked for!

Peter’s meal was orgasmic. Oh my God, it was good. We ate and chatted and laughed a lot and then while Peter watched the hockey game, Ally and I got all the reservations done for their ferries back to Vancouver, and then she and I did the dishes. And after a full day, we all went to bed just past 9:00 pm.

 

wednesday

Everyone awoke this morning, well rested. It rained in the night (hooray!) and so yesterday was slow and spent indoors. We started the day with a walk; Sheba, Ally and Peter joined me for my morning walk with my dog walking friend. Then we came home and Peter and Ally got ready to leave to spend the day with Ally’s birth mother.

I napped twice during the day and did little. I felt exhausted from so much stimulation. They came home at 4:00 and they’d had a huge meal with Sherrie, so we settled in to watch a movie and then I had dinner while Peter watched some of the hocky game. After the movie, we spent the rest of the evening chatting before we all went to bed early.

We’ve had a really wonderful visit together. I was crying as they pulled out of the driveway; I shall miss them dearly for a while. They have left behind a very wet day. Finally, we are getting real rain. I’ll spend the afternoon reading and puttering around the house. And life will get back to normal—a wet normal because we’re in for several days of rain.

My bad eye, the one getting shards of white light, is much, much better. Ally helped me cancel the appointment with my eye surgeon, but next week I will see the optometrist, just to ensure that all is okay.
















No comments: