Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Just Another Day ...

Monday began at fitness. It was okay, but man-oh-man it tuckers me out. A good class is one that goes by quickly. When I got home, I went back to bed for a rest, then Her Highness went into the village for groceries. After that, I did some yard work outside. It was cool and there were many cloudy periods, but I enjoyed making more progress at reviving Pinecone Park.

Late in the afternoon, I took her Highness to the park and then came home to enjoy a spa before dinner. And what a dinner I had! I made myself a dish of garides me ántitho (shrimp with dill—and lots of butter). It’s a Greek dish. The recipe comes from Zaytina: Delicious Mediterranean Dishes from Greece, Turkey and Lebanon. And the authors of the book are correct, the dish is delicious!

Then it got brighter outside, so out I went, back to my happy place working in the gardens and yard. With each day, more of my yard is restored. Then it was dinner, TV and then early to bed. I was a tired boy because of the morning fitness class. I’d had a brief mid-day fire, but by evening it was cool in the house, so I loved getting into my bed to get warm and cosy. I went right to sleep; in the blink of an eye, it was this morning.

Today begins a sting of four days that are likely to be bright and sunny and lovely and warm in the afternoon. I see Dr. Shoja today, and then we’ll be outdoors all day. The highlight of my day will not be picking up all the dog shite in the yard that accumulated over the Winter, but once that task is done, I can trim the green yard cover that once was lawn and now is natural.
















No comments: