Friday, April 26, 2024

S-L-O-W Days

Thursday was a sad and quiet day. I was really sad to see Peter and Ally leave. Ally is a kindred spirit and she got me hired at Emily Carr University, and that allowed me to make a wonderful wage for several years. And we’re both adopted, but she was adopted by loving, caring, wonderfully attentive parents (who are still alive).

After they left, I felt so lethargic that I just lay on the couch and thought about things to eat. I always want to eat to forget about bad thoughts or feelings. The best part of the day was watching the walls go up and Dave and Ursula’s yurt—and watching Andrew walk around. He’s over six feet of slender, muscular, masculine beauty. He and Dave worked all day in the rain, and that’s what they are doing again today.

When Her Highness and I walked this morning, it was wonderful to be in the forest. There was a sweet floral fragrance blowing gently on my face and we walked. It was truly an uplifting walk even though the trails are full of puddles, and it was raining real rain.

Today will be slow. It feels good to have a break from working every day and going to fitness; my body is healing, and my eye is less obnoxious. It is blurry but working. I’ve 10 days to wait to see the ophthalmologist. 

















No comments: