Friday, April 12, 2024

Recovery

Thursday was great, and it wasn’t at the same time. I loved seeing Leslie, but I also had a lot of painful shaking when we were together, and when I got home, I was useless. I went to bed, and when I got up, I was a living zombie. The trip exhausted all my resources; I went to bed early and slept soundly.

But Les and I resolved to meet in Chemainus again to have lunch and spend an afternoon exploring a very, very cute little town. On the way to meet her, I went into the big grocery store in Nanaimo and got some cheap Lupins, Columbine and Bleeding Hearts for my garden, plus Les gave me a beautiful and very fragrant Rose.

This morning has begun with a bit of residual zombieism, but it’s a fitness day and so I spent the morning pondering whether to go. I decided not to and instead to walk with Her Highness and then stay close to home and the fire. I was still recovering from yesterday.

The shaking I experience is a killer. After just five minutes of it, I am vey uncomfortable. I really don’t like this new symptom. I wonder if it will get worse or go away. I’m a bit worried about the concert on Sunday. If I start shaking, I will likely leave because it has a lingering effect. It thoroughly depletes my energy. So today will be an easy day, a slow day of reading and relaxing.

It's still cool, but it’s predicted to clear today, and our weekend is supposed to be bright, sunny and lovely and warm. I’m thrilled that we may have temperatures getting close to 20°. I’ll get my planting done and I’ll do more tidying of the yard. But today: rest!
















No comments: