Sunday, April 14, 2024

I ❤️ Gardening!

Saturday was as lovely and slow as Friday; However, I spent much of the day outside, whereas on Friday I remained indoors all day. 

The day began with a long forest walk. Often, I was moved deeply by the fragrances and the beauty of the forest. At this time of year, the moss and low wildflowers that line many of the trails, free of disruption and the scars of drought, are stunning. They form a living carpet of green that makes the trails look landscaped and park like. 

Oh my God! I have so very, very much to do with the gardens. I worked on them all day yesterday, and I love the look of all I did, but what’s done is dwarfed by the enormity of the work to be done. I keep saying to myself, “Just keep busy, and one day it will all be done.’ Unfortunately, I have not heard back from Bronwyn, so I may be on my own this year. Or, maybe I will find someone a little more reliable than Bronwyn (as much as I love her), or maybe just someone for a one-time only helper.

I had to stop at 4:00 because I was shaking a lot in my arms, and it was hard to hold and use tools and to feed myself. Holding a glass to my mouth was risky. But I had a great day out there. I got lots of little things done, and Pinecone Park is looking better and better, and I have lovely days of sunshine and much warmer temperatures ahead, and that means lots more work on the gardens. God, I love gardening!

I tidied up before I quit, and once done it was time to get into the spa! What a wonderful reward the spa is after a good day’s work in the yard. The sun was out, it was lovely and warm, and so I just slid into the warm water, closed my eyes and I listened to the birds. What a wonderful day, what a wonderful life.

The evening was relaxing. I watched TV with Her Highness tight beside me and the cats curled up together between my legs. Heaven! And then, early to bed.

I need rocks. What I want to do today, is create a little floral decoration around the base of a large tree, and for that I need rocks to build up a container behind which I can build up a nice base of soil. So, at 10:00, I’m heading off to Eoin and François’ place to fetch some rocks. They were delighted to read my request because their property is covered in rocks. I’m skipping the big community dog walk this morning, I’ve too much I want to do in the gaden. My goal is to create the garden and plant it before I go to a choral concert at 2:00 with Kris and Steve.

On the way home from the concert, I’m going to get some more containers so that I can have more colourful plants on my deck where I see them. How I love this fabulous weather! This entire week is predicted to be sunny and warm. Hooray!





Icy Mushroom Clouds Spring from a Tiny Geyser in
Tajikistan’s Pamir Mountains











No comments: