Wednesday, May 22, 2024

๐Ÿ’ง☔️ ๐ŸŒง️⛈️๐Ÿ’ง☔️ ๐ŸŒง️⛈️

Yesterday I did a lot of sleeping. I had a low fire and I read while the rain came down. I loved every second of the day. I’ve been physically busy, and so a day off is a good thing. I did a walkabout the yard twice during short breaks in the rain. Having Bronwyn has increased the pleasure I derive from my backyard and decreased the work. One day I’ll hire someone to stack the wood, but I hope that’s years from now. 

When I use the wood each Winter, I remember the stacking, and sometimes, when I burn wood harvested from the raw forest part of my land, it feels special. I feel linked to times past and rural tradition. I like feeling that association. I cut down two large trees to allow more light into the backyard, using them feels right.

When Her Highness and I went to Rollo Park to play fetch-the-ball, I suddenly realized how perfect it was that I noticed the wild Violets in the edible garden. Bronwyn transplanted them into the new bed and so I see them frequently every day. And only as I was tossing the ball, did I realize that I live on Violet Crescent. An innocent coincidence, but true, and I love it when the serendipity of life delivers an amusement.

It was a lovely slow day at the Park. Today will be the same. The wood is stacked, all the gardens are refreshed, all the cover is cut where it needs to be, and after all yesterday’s rain, the gardens are in no need of watering. I shall read and putter today.
















No comments: