Thursday, May 9, 2024

Sawing & Stacking.

Wednesday was a gorgeous day. I Was out working in the yard long before it was time to meet our friends for our dog walking together. Then we came home, and Sheba rested after our walk, whereas I got my chainsaw and got to work on the hefty branches in the forested part of Pinecone Park. I sawed them into short pieces for burning next Winter.

When my back tired of that work, I put the plants I got when I was in Nanaimo into their new homes. Then it was back to sawing and stacking. The work I’m doing with the branches is making it far, far easier for Joe to break down the huge, chucked sections of fallen trees when he comes later in the season to chop the bucked sections of fallen trees. In the afternoon, while Ron walked Sheba, I visited Andrew and Dave who were installing the metal roof panels. 

I kept at it, doing chores all afternoon, had dinner, watched some TV and started longing for bed at 7:30, but I managed to stay up until 9:30 and then I fell into my lovely cosy and inviting bed with Sheba and fell instantly to sleep.

Today will resemble yesterday. It’s a beauty of a day, and I’ll have to water all the garden beds in the backyard. It has begun, the tedious watering season. 


It's a shame that the new metal roof looks so dull in this photo. Last night I
practically went blind from the brightness of the light reflecting of the bright
silver finish of Ursula and David's new roof.

Pinecone Park Lodge and my trust old van. I took this yesterday as I arrived
back from visiting Dave and Andrew next door.

This is the wood from the cut up branches. I've much more to do today 

The beautiful pink and orange light this morning.

And speaking of beautiful, here is Her Highness, my big love.



No comments: