Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Sierra

After our morning walk, I took Sheba to her groomers, and then picked her up. Between trips, I watered all the backyard beds, and when I came back home with her, we had lunch and then I had my Zoom session with Dr. Shoja. It was a good but trying session. I get so exhausted from all the physical symptoms and from forcing out all my words.

We finished at 2:00, so I went out to get to work on the wood, but after a mere 5 loads, I felt too pooped to go on. I. have so much more energy in the morning, I decided to wait until this morning to make a concerted effort. After doing the 5 barrows full, I took a break to go to Ron and Nancy’s to meet their new puppy, Sierra. 

And what a nice time I had. I mean, come on … a puppy. He’s 9 weeks old and very calm. We were friends immediately. Nancy, Ron and I sat outside on their lawn, on the ground, and chatted, and we played with her. Their gardens are booming. I am so jealous. They get more sunlight than I do, and there’s two of them doing all the work.

Nancy and Ron are good souls. Ron often walks Sheba, and Nancy is the warmest of souls born. She lends things to everyone in the neighbourhood. She has bright blue eyes, and very long hair that is always thoughtfully worn. I have nice warm and comfortable relationships with almost everyone on my street. Imagine!

When I got home from their place, I watered the edible garden. And that was it for my day.

Today starts with a dog walk with our friends, then stacking wood until it is time to go to dinner with Kris and Nancy at Woodfire. I love it when there is a reward at the end of a day of hard work.

















No comments: