Wednesday, May 29, 2024

just Another Slow Day

Tuesday was lovely day for many reasons. One was that we had a gorgeous sunny afternoon after an overcast morning and several days of rain. It was delightful to get a break and to have my spirits lifted. We may get more sunshine on Friday, otherwise, it’s rain ahead, but I am more than fine with that. I don’t have to water the gardens.

Sheba and I walked in the morning, and then I headed off for Jay’s house. He wrote me an email saying he had a guest who knows me and he invited me over to visit with them, but he didn’t say who his guest was. When I got there, I wasn’t sure who the guy was for a couple of seconds, and then I realized it was Brian, whom I’d known for decades.

How could I ever forget Brian? He’s a very handsome man, and he has a wonderful sense of humour, he’s gay, and he was a glass artist all his life. I adored him. It was great to catch up, and now we have each other’s email and can stay in touch. I was shocked to hear him say that he’d harbored a crush on me back in the day. I wish I’d known. 

We had lunch together at Jays, and then Sheba and I came home. On the way, I stopped to pick up my mail, and there was a wonderful surprise awaiting me, a nice big fat refund from ICBC on my car insurance for the past 7 years. Woo hoo! I got donuts! And then I napped. Oh, that felt good. 

The late afternoon blended into evening and before I knew it, it was bedtime. 

It’s an iffy day today it seems. There are hints of blue in the sky, and it’s a cool 8° outside. We’ll walk, I’ll Zoom with Dianne, and I’ll read and putter another day away.
















No comments: