Thursday, May 30, 2024

Morning Walk with Sheba

Wednesday was a delicious day. We went for a walk with our friends, and the forest was magnificent to see and to smell. It was just glorious in the sunshine. Then we came home, and I Zoomed with Dianne, whom I will visit in nearby Nanoose Bay in two weeks. By the time we had finished talking, it was time to feed the brood and have lunch.

I Zoomed with Steve as he works to finalize his plans to visit Pinecone Park. It was exciting to hear that he will stay a week with me. And as we were talking, Ron arrived to take Sheba for a lovely long walk in the forest while I had a short nap in the sunshine. When they came back, we puttered around a bit in the garden, and Sheba had a nice visit with Dave, next door.

This glorious morning, Sheba and I walked our usual path. Here are photos I took this morning. They will show you why I love living here. Imagine, having miles of trails like this that I have only 2 blocks to walk from our home for Her Highness and I to enjoy. 


We're walking in the 707 Park. Originally it
was a park of 707 acres; it is now 1,000 acres,
the same size as Stanley Park.

I love the open meadows that we pass. The sign you see here
is one of many scattered through the park to help you know
where you are.




Lovely Ferns cover the forest floor here and they are truly
magnificent plants, that's why I have my own Fern Garden.


The ground is covered with these tiny pink and white beauties.

Little Daisies are everywhere.


The Fox Gloves are just beginning to bloom.
They are scattered everywhere in the 707.






Magnificent Arbutus trees give the forest a lush
jungle look, and their trunks (below) are just
beautiful and so colourful.


Vanilla plants are so named due to the fragrance of their blossoms.










No comments: