Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Dwight Arrives Today

Man oh man I was pooped when I finished decorating the cake. I make a mess of food colouring, powdered sugar, and butter from the butter cream frosting. The baking, decorating and cleaning up of utensils involved with the cake that I made for Ali and Pete must be just over 8 hours!

And I was not just decorating yesterday morning, I was also doing laundry and cleaning the guest rooms and bathroom for Dwight’s visit, and I vacuumed the entire house. I desperately want a day of idleness, but today I must water all the garden beds, and tomorrow is a day of fun with Dwight. He leaves on Friday, and that is when my big rest will start.

Our brunch was a blast. I had a terrific time, and I think everyone else did too because we didn’t leave until 4:00. We laughed and shared many stories, plus we had a lot of lovely food to eat. My cake was a hit! The one bummer of the day was that to walk to Pete and Ali’s, four houses down the street, almost did me in. I was struggling to hold the cake up when I arrived. As soon as Nancy and Ali saw me, they came quickly to me asking what was wrong. I am going to call the pacemaker clinic today.

Dwight will be here around noon today, and what a beautiful day for his visit. He’s coming on his bike.  















No comments: