Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Still Damp

We went to Rollo Park to play fetch. It flattened me. All I do is throw the ball for Her Highness, and then I walk to her and the ball to do it again. She doesn’t return to me with the ball, and I have always liked that because that way, we both get exercise. But today, walking the width of the field was almost impossible, so after a couple of throws, I had to lie down on the bleachers to recover. I see Dr. Shoja next week, so this fatigue/weakness will be a big part of the discussion.

Although it had rained like a Monsoon on Sunday night, yesterday was dry until late in the afternoon when the rain returned. But it was cloudy all day and all I did was idle the day away. The Olympics are not engaging me as they have in the past, and I’m disappointed because that has me searching like mad for something to watch on TV in the evening.

Today is cloudy again and there may be showers. I’ve more rocks to move today, and I must go into the village to see about renewing a prescription of one of my heart medications. Also, I’m hoping to hear from my respirologist today. I wrote to her about my sudden and dramatic loss of energy to see what she has to say. Next, I ask Dr. Shoja next week, and if I am still unclear as to what is wrong, I will go to my nurse practitioner.

Regina, so aptly named, is dropping out of our walking group. Her Doodle, Molly, is dying of cancer and we are all bereft. Molly is such a dear, and Regina is our Queen. She is kid of our leader, and I am very close to her. I am going to visit her and Molly at her place at least once a week instead of walking with the group. Sigh.

Life is good, regardless of by strength and poor Molly’s condition. I remain a very contented person thanks to my garden, the birds, my kitties and Her Highness.














No comments: