Thursday, July 4, 2024

Dwight Arrives

Wednesday began with a big watering of the backyard beds, then we went to meet our friends to walk our dogs. Where we walk begins with a hill, so I was walking very slowly, but I think my pacemaker/heart problem may have resolved itself. I feel stronger now but I’ll still be monitoring myself.

Dwight arrived at about 11:30. We got nice cold drinks and sat on the deck to chat, and then we went into the village to have lunch at Ground Up. When we were done. We came home and Dwight proposed that we try to fix my chaise longue. It was quite the challenge! We had to undo a lot of the upholstery tacks and open up the core of the chaise. It was hard to reattach the broken spring, but we did it. It would have been impossible for one person to do it alone.

Then Dwight chilled in the hammock, and I had a nap before we went back into the village to pick up a pizza for dinner. We had pieces of the cake I made for Pete and Ali for dessert, and then we watched The Outfit, followed by Antiques Roadshow before going to bed. 

Today … who knows. We’ll play the day by ear, but we have a plan to go to Sandwell Beach together because Dwight loves to beachcomb there. It’s a gorgeous day. It’s predicted to reach close to 30° today and to be even hotter tomorrow.

















No comments: