Friday, July 26, 2024

Jillian Visits

This is an improvisation. This kid is a genius.

Thursday began under thick cloud. I checked all the garden beds first thing after feeding the brood, and it was clear that I had no need to get busy watering the beds. Instead, I got busy cleaning the house because Jillian was coming for tea. 

When I was done inside, it was time to walk Her Highness and as we departed, the sky cleared quickly, and we walked in glorious sunshine and wonderful fragrances. I felt so, so good and I was full of love for this life I lead on this paradise of an island. Right now, there are tourists everywhere, and they make me feel so lucky to be a full-time resident of this sublime island. I am lucky to feel so happy on my own.

I saw Dave, could barely speak to him (which is very odd), and we talked together about having a barbeque at Pinecone Park tonight. It will be nice to have a chat and chew with him, Ursula, their daughter Sara, and Sara’s husband, Grey.


I did chores in the yard until lunchtime, fed the brood, and then went back to yard work. One thing I wanted to do was move a potted plant to my deck from the yard. (See above.) It’s about a foot in diameter and about 15 inches tall. I wanted to move it perhaps 15 meters. It was extremely hard to do on one go, but I did it, but I was panting like made, and I went to bed to have a nap and recover. I am very weak still. 


This is one of the little fellows that populate my yard. This one is sitting on the edge of my fountain. When Jillian came, I went to show her the frog, but it was gone. She did see, however, a Western Tanager, and she was really thrilled to see her first one. She was very complimentary of my gardens. While I got things ready, she took herself on a tour of the yard. It felt good to hear her compliments.

We had cookies and drinks, and we chatted. Her son in on the autism spectrum, so she is very accepting of my speech and jerking. She left saying she’d be keen to meet again. That felt good too.

Yesterday was a difficult day. I found out when I tried to speak with Dave. I always speak well with him because I love the guy. He is warm and welcoming every day. I had a lot of physical symptoms with Jillian as well as several blocks. On my own, I feel like I might explode. I feel ‘the beast’ inside. Pressure. I suppose it’s anxiety. That’d be my guess based on what I’ve learned from Dr. Shoja. I just woke up this way this morning.

I love going to bed. I love being warm and cosy under the duvet, surrounded by silent darkness. I also love that Sheba is there, and I can hope for a better day today.

No comments: