Monday, July 1, 2024

Now It's Getting Too Hot

saturday

Dana sent me a link, so I clicked on it. It was a link to a live feed of the first day of the Tour de France. For me? What was he thinking? Me? Sports? But then, I do love watching the Olympic Games. SO I wrote to thank him, and then Sheba and I went into the village to fetch my new fabulous iPad from CAYA. It is amazing and wonderful to have and to use.

I met people in the farmers’ market, and bought some treats for Sheba, and my speech was pretty much as bad as it usually is ‘out there.’ That disappointed me because the drug has made such a change in my speech with good friends, and I haven’t had a seizure for exactly three weeks. Three weeks! I know I’ll never be free from FND, but it is possible that my symptoms could improve. I’ve always believed that, and lately I’ve been feeling as close to cured as I’ll ever be, but the market experience brought me to a clearer understanding of what this drug seems to be doing.

The drug has done what I wanted most of all. It’s improved my fluency with close and trusted friends, but with the rest of the world, nothing has changed. And that’s absolutely fine with me. It’s perfect with me. I was my old self with Dwight when he called yesterday morning to say he was coming over on Wednesday to stay until Friday. And I was fluent with Nicola when we Zoomed for an hour and a half.

I feel ready to be braver, I’m so happy about being me on Clonazepam. People, including me, can be so wary of drugs. I’ve been through eight years of FND, two of those years being intolerably brutal, but I have adapted and learned without drugs, but I plan to talk with Dr. Shoja about staying on Clonazepam forever.

Once our shopping was done, I came home, we had lunch and then from 1:00 pm to 6:30, I watched every single minute of day one of Tour de France (which was in Italy) 2024. The last hour was positively riveting. I was so surprised to be so engrossed by the race. I may watch again today. Yes me, spending another day watching sports. Bring me my bros and some beer.

The Summer Olympics begin on July 26th, and they close on August 11. I enjoy watching the Olympic games, both Summer and Winter versions, whenever they happen. It’s incredible to see what elite athletes can do. Excellence in anything is interesting. Having watched the Tour Today, I was glad that Lance Armstrong was so publicly shamed. What a dick!

I got Woodpecker suet, so I have gorgeous birds constantly in my view. Northern Flickers, Downey Woodpeckers, Pileated Woodpeckers, Black-headed Grosbeaks, and Stellar Jays keep Pinecone Park full of beautiful big birds. I also have feeding stations for songbirds and they, and the fountain and birdbaths, serve to make P.P. a haven for birds of all sizes.

sunday

Sunday was a very busy day. Sheba is walking again, so we went on a short walk in the morning and then I came home to bake while I listened to and watched day 2 of the Tour de France. I am hooked. It is 5 hours of gorgeous scenery: men of solid muscle in very tight clothes and Italian landscapes and historical buildings. 

I baked a cake for Ali and Peter who are hosting a brunch tomorrow. I must assemble and decorate it today. I’ll enjoy doing that. And I must water all the garden beds. Busy. Busy. Busy.
















No comments: