Saturday, June 29, 2024

Good Speech ❤️

Friday, Sheba would still not walk with me. Her foot is healing but it will take time. When we went for our morning walk, she refused to get out of the car, so we came back home, and I started reading about my new baking tools. Then, just before noon, our dull, dark and very, very damp day turned brilliantly bright, sunny and warm. 

We spent some time together outside checking out the garden and doing some modest weeding, and then we went to Rollo Park to walk on the soft grass. I wanted to tire her out somewhat before leaving her alone while I went to meet Don and Diane at The Surf for dinner. And what a perfect night for our dinner in a restaurant with a magnificent view of the ocean and big island.

Bruce called me on FaceTime, as did David, from London (UK), and with them both, I was fluent much of the time. It’s miraculous, really, and I assume it is partly the new drug and partly being over the crisis of accepting Dr. Shoja’s view of abuse. I am rocking speech right now and I couldn’t be happier.

And to celebrate: Dwight. He’s coming to visit on Wednesday and staying until Friday. I’m very excited because he has been the hardest person to talk to for ages, but Clonazepam has changed that significantly. This visit will be the first time I have a chance to be fluent with him. What a fucking miracle! And to think, when I started with Dr. Shoja, everyone I told I was seeing her had absolutely nothing good to say about psychiatrists. Often, people called them pill pushers. Well, people, sometimes those pills really work!

It's cloudy today, and Sheba is still healing, but we will go briefly to the farmers’ market this morning and then I’ll be picking up my new computer from CAYA (and now I don’t need it so much).
















No comments: