Friday, June 7, 2024

Bronwyn Day

I have my appointment with the eye surgeon. It’s June 26th. I’m sure I’ll pass and that all will be fine, but it’s slightly nerve wracking to have the potential for trouble. I’m fine with my vision as it is. It’s ‘lumpy’ due to all the floaters, but I can see just fine. That’s why I’m sure all will go well.

Her Highness did not want to walk in the morning, so we came home, and I waited for the time to start the Zoom meeting with my fellow FND patients. And what a wonderful session it was for me because I shared my Baboon mouth story. (Sadly, I appear to have picked up a Baboon’s lip smacking habit as a symptom of FND.) I’m so glad I did because as soon as I finished my story, Heather told me her story. She watches David Attenborough videos, and she loved two about Penguins. In both videos, the Penguins flap their wings together like clapping, and Heather suddenly started clapping during her seizures.

I had such a wonderful release from my anger about my lip smacking. I was really pissed at FND for making me act like a Baboon, but all my anger is gone now. I am not alone. We both were laughing about FND instead of fuming. There is such value in support groups.

Deborah, a neighbour, came by with a wheelbarrow full of plants that she’d uprooted from her garden. I happily accepted them all, and it was perfect timing because Bronwyn was coming, and she could do the planting.

It was a gorgeous day to be outdoors. It was an ideal and heavenly 18° by noona perfect day. I was excited all morning about Bronwyn coming with more plants. She brought a Fatsia Japonica for the big container. (I now have 4 of them.) It will help block the view of my hot tub from David and Ursula’s view. As I tend to use the tub in my birthday suit, that is handy. And she got perennial Fuchsias for the smaller pots on the deck. While she was working, Her Highness and I went to Rollo Park to play fetch. She had declined to walk in the morning, so I was very happy that she was up for fetch. 

Our evening was soft. I was beat and just rotted on the chaise until bedtime. 

Today and tomorrow are all about prepping for tomorrow night’s dinner here with François, Eoin, Jay, and Darryl. I’m nervous and excited about having my friends over, but I’m pleased with the state of the gardens. They will look nice for the boys when they are here.
















No comments: