Thursday, June 6, 2024

Bubbles!

Wednesday was wonderful! I awoke excited about the impending arrival of fresh clean sparkling water for the hot tub, plus the possibility of a nap in the sunshine on a bright sunny day that is still Springtime fresh. (It was 6° when I woke up yesterday.) 

As soon as the pets were fed, I was outdoors sweeping the courtyard and the deck. It’s so wonderful to be outdoors again all day. Once the sweeping was done, I had to transfer all the wood scraps from David’s yard from the wheelbarrow to a big container so that I could schlep all the detritus to the forest fall dump in the forest behind my fence. (It’s on my land, not public land.)

Then the water arrived. The driver was a very nice fellow who said, on arrival, “So this is where paradise is!” He’s just returned from 18 years living and teaching in China. When I threw on the breakers so that the tub would start heating, some crap from within the pipes shot into the pristine water. Sigh! But I will deal with that once the water is warm enough for me to get in and siphon off the all the crap.

And then it was back to work on the yard. There is a ton of weed whacking and schlepping to do, so that’s what I did until lunchtime. 

And then Ron came by to fetch Sheba and walk her, and I counted the minutes until they returned because I was dead tired. But I couldn’t rest because I had a Zoom date with Brian. We talked for 90 minutes together! It was great and we plan to do regular Zoom calls in the future. I’m so lucky that people are so accommodating of my speech.

Our call ended at 3:15. I went outside and checked on the water in the tub. It was 80° and that meant that the temperature had risen 10° in 90 minutes. I’d read the temperature at 2:00. By 6:00, it was at 95° and I was blissful in the enveloping heat at 8:30 (102°). I am so glad to be back in the bubbles!

And today is another day of excitement. Bronwyn comes around noon with more plants and to finish up some tasks I’d asked her to do. Whoopie! And one all that work is done, I turn to focusing on cooking as François, Eoin, Jay and Darryl are coming for dinner on Saturday.
















No comments: