Thursday, June 27, 2024

My Eye is Healed!

Wednesday was what it was. It was a practical day. Sheba did not want to walk this morning, so we just passed time at home. Then, not long before we were to leave, I caught her digging at her foot. She’d destroyed one pad, so I put Polysporin on it and then put a sock on her. Then, off we went to catch the 11:00 am ferry.

Once on the big island, we went directly to the nursery, and I bought a lot of lovely plants. I can’t stop, but this batch will go into holes in the gardens and will likely be the last of the plantings. My gardens will be full. In the future, I’ll just buy annuals for vivid colours and baskets. Then we went to my favourite sushi place for my favourite lunch and the spicy tuna roll was not at all to my liking. New chef, I imagine, and so that’s the end of going there for lunch.

I went in early to see the eye surgeon, and all is okay with my eye. The irritating sensation that is occurring constantly in that eye is a separate issue, but I chose to just live with it. I am sick of going to doctors. I was done quickly, and we hurried to the ferry terminal, arriving just as the ferry was arriving. We were home not long after 3:00. I am thrilled with my new plants. They are currently still in their pots on the deck, and I love them all.

Have you noticed? There’s been no Diary of a Madman entries for a while. I went through a lot, emotionally, over this whole ‘neglect’ thing. It was as painful as accepting my speech and physical symptoms, but now the worst is over. Plus, I’m on this new drug that has improved my quality of living. And further, I’m sticking pretty close to home, it is summertime, and my gardens please me, they look very good this year.

Today, Sheba got groomed first thing this morning, and now, the rest of the day will pass pleasantly, one way or another.
















No comments: