Thursday, June 20, 2024

Garden Party

tuesday

No sooner had I prepared the three chocolate puddings for Nancy, Kris and me, when I received an email from Kris saying her hubby, Steve, was joining us. Oh well, sharing is caring, plus I have lots of cookies.

I enjoyed my morning. I cleaned up all the little piles of cones, caps, needles, twigs and branches that I’d raked up and left scattered around the yard. That got me heated up, so right after I fed the brood, I had a quick shower and then a very relaxing and wonderful soak in the spa. And, after that, I even had time for a brief rest in the sunshine on my recliner chair.

I took all the outdoor furniture out of the studio and set it up for us. It’s nice to have the big table and to be in the garden and off the deck where the spa pump can make noise—not a lot, but it’s enough to make me appreciate the silence we have when we convene in the garden on the brick patio that once was a fire pit.

I was looking forward to our gathering because I talked to Steve in the morning and I was speaking very, very well. My speech has been rather great for the past two days and I suspect that the new drug that I am on may be the reason. It’d be remarkable to be able to retain my current level of fluency for the foreseeable future, just by taking this new drug (Clonazepam).

I was also looking forward to socializing in the afternoon and outdoors instead of in the evening over dinner. Cocktails in the afternoon is a lovely way to get together. It’s short and it’s wonderful to be in sunshine. And then I have the evening to myself. I love that—‘myself’ meaning with my beloved pets.

wednesday

Wednesday was a beauty of a day. I had the entire day to myself. I had no commitment so it was a lovely slow day. After all the prepping for my little party on Tuesday, I was glad of a slow day.

We walked with our friends in the morning, and then I came home to just chill. Part of the time, I really enjoyed a short nap in the sunshine to warm up. It’s still pretty chilly in the mornings and evenings, but today (Thursday) it is predicted to reach 28° this afternoon.

Ron came by to walk Sheba, and while they were walking, I did some gardening. When Sheba was back, we went over to Dave’s to see progress in the yurt, and then I got busy watering all the plants in the backyard. That takes a good hour and 15 minutes. And when I was done, I had a fun long Zoom call with Brian.

The evening was like every other: dinner and a movie.

thursday

I’ve the watering of the front yard to do, and then I’ll just putter my way through the day. I’ve lots of little jobs to do around the yard.


Kris, Steve, Nancy and I gathered on the deck where we were
in sunshine, The garden table was in shade.

The climbing Rose is blooming on the trellis.

The garden always looks so good in the late
afternoon sunshine.

I finally got the outdoor furniture out and onto the patio.

These Rhodes are a stunning colour.

The Peony's are out.

The herb garden is thriving.

Blooming Thyme.

Somehow, a Potato plant in the Raspberries. There are two of them.

The Paulownia is huge. It's just 5 years old.

The yurt is wired now, and plumed. Next up is
insulating it and finishing the interior with a
wooden ceiling and plastering all the walls

I'm planting Clematis all over the fence of the
edible garden. 

I've started Virginia Creeper to cover the west
wall of the house. It brings brilliant colour in Fall.

This Japanese Maple is my favourite tree in the yard.

No comments: