Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Heavy Date With Dr. S.

I had a great, but very hard session with Dr. Shoja yesterday. I’ve begun taking a new medication. Dr. S. is not a pill pusher. She has never advocated for me to take any medication. Instead, she has made offers, explaining the plusses and minuses of various options. She sees how much I am suffering, and she’s encouraged me to try Clonazepam daily for a while to see if my physical symptoms can be diminished.

I now understand why it’s so hard to speak to Dwight. She gave me an explanation that makes total sense. And I feel better for having had my session yesterday morning. She is alarmed by the severity of my symptoms, hence the Clonazepam—at least for a trial run. I feel well cared for and safe with her, but I declined having more frequent visits. She is amazing! She is my life support person.

Clonazepam. It’s “a benzodiazepine drug used for the acute treatment of panic disorder, epilepsy, and nonconvulsive status epilepticus.” That’s me, status epilepticus. Perhaps you’ve seen me in a museum. Clonazepam is one of now eleven pills or inhalers I take every day. Call me pharmasuticus addicticus.

I did quite a bit of weed whacking in the afternoon. I did the front lawn and the edible garden, and they both look great. That was enough work though, after a rough morning in the session, so when I was done, I took Her Highness for a nice long slow walk. Sheba was looking and acting better, so a nice walk was in order. I didn’t think to take a camera. I wish I had. The Daisies are in bloom. I must go again!

Nancy sent an email inviting me to dinner tonight. Kris will be there, as well. I’m quite excited. We always have a good time together. I see them as often as I see my gay cabal. They are my gal posse. They both are oblivious to my symptoms, bless them.

It’s another glorious day today, but cool again. I lit a fire this morning because it was so cool in the house. My hands were freezing when I was typing at my computer. I’ll be walking with our friends this morning, then doing more weed whacking before heading off to Nancy’s in the late afternoon. 
















No comments: