Saturday, June 1, 2024

Animal Maestro


Friday dawned too cool for me. It was 11° when we set off to meet our friends for a morning forest walk. It’s nice when I warm up from the walking, and it was truly lovely when the sun was warming my back. When we were done, we went to the clinic for my Covid booster, and then we went shopping in the village. Today, the rains begin are back for several days.

I planted two new plants, a scented Azalea and another Clematis. I’m planting Clematis around the edges of the edible garden to grow up the fence, and when I do that, I must bind some chicken wire on the outside of the fence to protect the Clematis from the deer.

Ron took Her Highness walking at 1:00, and when they came home, I was ready for a rest and so was Sheba. I should have been out in the garden beds, but I was beat from all the activities of the day and so I took to the chaise. The work stacking the wood, and going to fitness, has taught me that I must not overdo activities if I want my symptoms to stay dormant.

It clouded over in the evening, and we are predicted to have rain until Wednesday, so last night, overnight, I drained the hot tub. During breaks in the rain, I will scrub it clean and clean all the filters before having crystal clear and treated water delivered from Nanaimo. It’s a big job getting all the cleaning done, but the rewards are fabulous. I love my spa!

This morning, I was on a cleaning binge. As the weather sucks, I am doing a second Spring cleaning of the house. It feels good to be doing it. It’s going to be a dull day being indoors all day, but I will enjoy relaxing with the pets and reading today. Tomorrow’s predicted to be very wet.




Drag name: Ivana Acquittal












No comments: