Monday, June 10, 2024

A S-l-o-w Day

Sunday was a recovery day. Preparing for the party and experiencing the party wore me out. I had a nice long spa, I took Sheba to the park, we went for a walk in the afternoon, and the rest of the time, I puttered at things and had a nap in the sunshine.

In the evening, I watched The Outfit on Netflix. What a spectacular achievement it is! It might have been a play first; the entire movie is in one set. The script should win awards. It’s terrific entertainment.

I had a good time at the party. I was the host; they endured my stories. I couldn’t help myself, I told a few. I earned it for making the dinner, and I’m glad I did it, because I’m not sure I want to do that. I’ve got a computer coming. My idea was to type in my stories and let a speech generator say it faster. I’m going to try it, but it’s going to me awkward. By the time I finish typing what I want to say, they will have moved onto another topic.

 I reckon this’ll be an ongoing issue for me for the rest of my life. I (briefly) had a French boyfriend when I lived in France, and for many years, my closest friend was bind. I learned a lot from them, and I enjoyed supporting them when we were together. I was quite a shy person, but with these friends I enjoyed quite an intimate relationship. We often were often touching each other, and always together at parties or events. I’m sure where had it been a friend to get FND and bad speech, not me, I’d be accepting and loyal. That’s how I justify telling stories.

But as you can see, I feel guilty for speaking. And it’s all from within my head; my friends are accepting and tolerant. Yesterday, I felt as though I’d just returned from climbing up and down a mountain. I did nothing very, very comfortably yesterday.

I have a single engagement during the coming week. I see Dr. Shoja for an hour on Tuesday, so all the rest of the week will be walking, gardening and/or puttering. That will be nice. But today might be a pass for the gardens, it is grey and cooler again.
















No comments: