Saturday, June 22, 2024

To Nanoose

Friday was a go, go, go day. We began our day with a really lovely walk in the trails with our friends. The air was still and very fragrant and we were walking before it got hot. Then I went into the village for wood to repair two more planks in the deck, and the screws I will need, and to fetch some groceries and some new tools for baking that I ordered from Amazon.

By the time I got home, it was lunch time, so I fed the brood and myself and then I got busy seriously watering every single plant to that they will not fade today while I am in Nanoose with the gang. It takes forever to water all the beds, and there was no resting when I was done.

I unloaded all the stuff I got in the big box stores last weekend because I wanted room for more. I plan to get more supplies today while I am on the big island. I cleaned up the car a bit for today’s drives, and then I started tidying up the house. God, what a dump the house had become. Sheba brings in billions of little bud caps every time she comes into the house. Vacuuming took half an hour the place was so full of them.

At 4:30, I was grateful for a break to have a nice soak in the spa. I was wasted from all the activity of the day, but I will enjoy myself today knowing that all my plants have enough water to get through the hot day. Tomorrow, rain is predicted, and I truly hope that the forecast is correct.

All evening, I worked on cleaning and tidying inside the house because I wanted to come home from Nanoose later tonight to a clean and tidy home. If all goes to plan, tomorrow will be a day of rest and relaxation all day. The gardens will not need watering I hope, and I can just chill with my pets all day.

I fell into bed., and the next thing I knew, it was morning. There are clouds, but it’s lovely and warm and there are big patches of blue in the sky, so my day at Nanoose with dear friends will be a good one.








Glow worm cave in New Zealand.








No comments: