Monday, June 17, 2024

To Nanoose Bay

 saturday

As Her Highness and I walked a favourite trail, our spectacular morning became overcast, and it started to rain. It’s been very Spring-like of late with the weather changing dramatically often throughout the day. When we got home, I was disinclined to work in the rain so reclining on the chaise was in order—at least for a while.

I ordered a back brace from Amazon. So many things that I do hurt my back—weed whacking, wood chopping, wood stacking, using the wheelbarrow, etc.—I decided to buy one of those weightlifter type belts to support my back when I am doing yard work. 

In the afternoon, I picked up Ali and Peter at the ferry terminal, to drive them home. It feels good to help a neighbour.

Last night, I went out for a walkabout with Sheba. She ran to the fence gate because Sosa was there, wagging his tail. I opened the gate and the two of them played themselves into exhaustion. I took about 20 minutes. Colleen was working on her backyard, so the dogs have almost an acre to play on together. I feel good that I can provide so much safe room for Sheba to play in. And it felt good having a chat with Colleen.

It was 13° last night when I was talking with Colleen. That’s mighty chilly for this time of year. But it’s better than high temperatures for getting things done.

I reckon these new blue pills make me kind of sludgy. I feel kind of thick. Perhaps, lethargic. No surprise there, from what I’ve seen in movies and on television. Time will tell if it yields some measurable and positive benefit in management of my symptoms.

sunday

The day dawned cool and cloudy, but the weather did not diminish my enthusiasm for the adventure of going to Nanoose Bay to visit Dianne. I packed a lunch for Her Highness and my book and glasses, and we headed off on an early morning ferry. 

On the way to Di’s place, I picked up some groceries for our lunch and to bring home. I arrived there just past 10:30 am and we got a warm welcome from Jane and Dianne. We got down to gossip until it was time for lunch, and then, after lunch, Jane left for home and Dianne, Sheba and I went for a beach walk.

I left Di at 3:30 so as to catch a ferry before 5:00 when the schedule drastically slows down, and I made it. Not only that, the dull and dark day had turned beautiful and bright. The cats were mad for food, as was Her Highness, so I quickly got them all fed before getting my dinner ready and then plopping down on the couch to watch the Tonys.

Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! The Tony Awards. They are pure opium to me, and last night’s show was a tremendous one. I was weeping many times: when Danya Tamar won for best direction of a musical; when seeing the choreography of Illinoise; Daniel Radcliff winning best supporting actor in a musical, hearing Daniel Radcliff’s speech, seeing Jonathan Groff crying with joy for Daniel, his costar; seeing Jonathan Groff win best actor in a musical; watching and listening to Jonathan’s speech; and seeing Daneil Radcliffe react to Jonathan’s tribute to him from the stage; Merrily We Roll Alongwining best revival (and that stars Daniel and Jonathan).

monday

Today is a glorious day. We’ll be walking with our friends and then I’ll be sprucing up the garden in advance of Kris and Nancy’s visit tomorrow for tea/wine in the garden.
















No comments: