Saturday, June 8, 2024

Big Watering!

Friday was a great day because I felt free and unencumbered. I didn’t have an appointment or a Zoom call to make, all I had to do was make the sauces, croutons and dressings I need for tonight’s dinner, and I could do everything slowly, taking lots of little breaks to go outside into the garden. 

Ron came to walk with Sheba, but she was having none of it. Her body language was clear: I am not walking! One reason may have been the heat, but I reckon something is wrong with one paw. I just can’t see a reason for it. It was 23°, however, and she hates the heat, so that may be the problem. Instead of walking, I spent a wee bit of time in the recliner in the sunshine, while Her Highness napped in the shade and on the lovely cool moss.

Then I got to watering all the beds. It now takes me an hour and a half to do a thorough watering of the yard. There are so many beds and plants scattered solo everywhere now, it takes forever to feed them all. But, oh it felt good to rise this morning and to know that all the plants are well fed in advance of today’s heat. I’ll be busy with food prep, cleaning and tidying all day, so watering last night was a great idea.

Today is likely to be hot, but the ensuing week is predicted to be perfect—not too hot, and not cool. I love a cooler but bright and sunny Summer. On Tuesday, rain is predicted. I hope that comes to pass, and that it is real rain and not just light showers.

I heard from CAYA. My computer is on its way. It will enable me to share more complex ideas with people. In speech, substitution is now a big part of my strategy. For perhaps two years, I have substituted the English pronunciation of “Can’t” for Canadian because I can’t say it the Canadian way. And I often say, “me,” instead of “I,” especially when a sentence begins with “I.” Although it’s a grammatical shit show, people understand me.

One very hard aspect of speech for me is to say words that begin with C or K, and that, sadly, included my name. When C is followed by an H and creates a CH sound (as in “chip”), I’m fine, but hard Cs and Ks are impossible for me, so I use alternate words. Words beginning with N are also difficult, so again, I try to swap words.

Today will be a busy day, and then comes the dinner party with 4 guests. Already, I am looking forward to tomorrow when I will have nothing to do. I’ll have a day of recovery after all the busyness of late with the gardening and cooking. I can hardly wait already.
















No comments: