Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sergei Palunin goes to Church


When I was the Chair of Dance in Canada, the concerns of the organization taught me many things. One always interesting topic concerned the tug of war between the individual rights of the dancer and the control of the dancer's lives some companies and/or their director's expected. To see the tattoos on Sergei Palunin is to know that the dancer/company relationship has changed a great deal since my days at DIC. Mr. Palunin is a hot and controversial dancer.

Take Me To Church, by Hoozier, is a music video that took my by surprise. The official video is a powerful anti-homophobia short film that made me come to like the song.

The video above is Sergei Palunin dancing to Take Me To Church in all his tattooed glory. There are some odd choices made with camera angles and positions, but Mr.Palunin's strength and power is incredible to watch.

No comments: