Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Wednesday


Last night I went to bed at 8:00 pm. I woke up at 1:00, ready to go, but took a sleeping pill and went back to sleep. I got up at 5:00. I wake with a summer mindset because it is continuously so gloriously sunny and warm. February was 1/10th of a degree short of breaking a heat record for the month; March may be warm as well.

Warren avoids me. Clearly he has not yet read my Monkey script. We haven’t seen an Option Agreement for our screenplay to sign so far either.

Chambar, with Nicola, was fabulous. I would easily and happily go back again. A lot of the pleasure of the evening came from our server, Ronan: Tall, lithe, dark-haired and with a lush beard, perhaps 25, articulate, passionate about food, liltingly Irish and handsome as all get out.  He engaged in a way one doesn’t at Hawksworth. What a wonderful night.

I am walking to The Flame tonight. I only expect to last through the first half because it is about spiritualism—an entirely unappealing topic to me.  But you never know…. I am going with an open mind (and good friends). Besides, I love the people and atmosphere at The Flame and I am performing in it in May.

Friday night I am making arrachera. It’s a dish I had last year in Mexico and this meal continues my menus of recipes learned from the delightful restaurant we patronized in Sayulita. I am making it because one of my guests does not like seafood. Can you imagine that?

Arrachera is skirt steak. It's delicious, marinated in lime juice, cumin, soy, lots of garlic and chipotle chilli. And the peppers are stuffed with ricotta and parmesan and I'll be using sweet small peppers.

No comments: