Sunday, April 26, 2015

Flaming On


The doctor gave me the wrong medications, yes, but he was right that it would be over on Sunday. I have awakened to feeling myself again. But I am glad today is Sunday, the day when the world seems to turn slower; I have one more slow easy day before returning to a faster pace.

My asthma requires that I measure my breathing twice a day. Asthma prevents you from breathing out, not in, so it is my capacity to exhale that I measure by blowing as hard as I can into a tube that gives me a reading that I record. I have been doing this for almost three years. And I watched my breathing go from 600+ to 400 in two days. That is a 30% loss of breathing due to my body's reaction to the wrong fungal medication.
I am appearing at The Flame on May 6th. I am doing The Flame about doing The Flame  How's that for symmetry? I am excited about doing it because it is my seventh time.  I love the Flame because Joel and Deborah have been so supportive of me and so encouraging. They are true mentors. And I will be advertising my show to the audience.
I used to sit in the bath and walk and daydream about plots. The plots would become one of my stories for The Flame, a script, a writing exercise or a blog post. Now I think visually, not literally. The writer in me is now secondary and serves my inner designer, so now some of my plots could work as exhibitions or installations in a gallery.

If only…. If only I had done this all my life. If only…. If only I had valued fulfillment as much as lucre.  

No comments: