Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Next Five Days


Look at the photo: Is that not a gorgeous looking studio? There is tons of space and those massive windows face south so the afternoons and evenings shine with sunlight. There would be way too much light to be a studio were I still working in pencil crayons (that was long ago), but for sewing, it is ideal.

Today and tomorrow, I will finish everything. Then, on the weekend when it is supposed to be really sunny and warm, I will walk and memorize the prologue of the play that I deliver. It is long, but it is in couplets and it has a rhythm so it is comparatively easy to memorize.

Monday I print four scripts with all my final tweaks so that at one o'clock, we can do a reading here and by a fitting session. After that, its two weeks to memorize my lines followed by two weeks of rehearsals and then BOOM: Opening Night.

Then a very solid year's work of writing, designing, building, rehearsing and performing Trudeau—will slip into the past tense. And an even more demanding year of working on Harridan begins.

No comments: