Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Digging the Needle


I'm healthy again, sewing and happy! After a long break from the costumes, I dove back in to the men's costumes because I cannot wait any longer to know which of the two actors "on hold" is doing the show. I felt I had to press on and close them up because of the workload ahead with re-writing and memorizing my lines. I can weak them still, but I had left them far from complete hoping to fit them before closing them up. But things move slowly with Presentation House and my show.

And Harridan progresses—one giant step backwards, then a significant step forward. The backward step was a loss of confidence/faith;the forward step was an encouraging response to my outreach to Gillian at Capilano College. Gillian runs the Musical Theatre program at Cap, the logical partner for me if I want free talent.

Harridan, in its present form, has a chorus of angels that could not be afforded without an arrangement such as I will be proposing to Gillian. I hope she and her students will embrace the challenge of working up my lyrics for the songs in Harridan, into full scale numbers and be the cast of the chorus (if and) when it is produced. Gillian's potential interest will force me back to the piece and, hopefully, I will find renewed faith in it.

No comments: