Thursday, April 16, 2015

Writing on My Feet

I sea walled today for the second time this week and I almost didn't do it today. But I am very glad I did because, as is was a stunningly sunny day as, as is always the case since I began my creative writing, I work on problems while I walk.

I have finished the first draft of Harridan. It is the worst first draft I have ever written. The ending sucks as badly as the ending of Trudeau shines—but I have a year to work on it. The good news is that there is a story worth telling in it and the story is framed, as always, within a comedic frame.

There are other problems, too. The characters are not defined enough but on my walk today I can feel them coming together. I get enough insight on my walk to make me keen to re-write and that is fantastic.

Up at 4:00 am. Writing Harridan by 4:30. Quit at 10:30 and out the door by 11:00 to seawall. Home by 3:00 because I take rests in the sunshine, for a pastry and a bath. That is the pattern for the next week.

No comments: