Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Playgrounds: My Home & Mind

Basil's wig on his costume top.
These are Basil's and Sterling's pants.
Sadly, as with Vivicean's wig, you cannot see
the full glittery wonder/horror.

I love being at home. I have boxes full of ribbon and doodads, a sewing kit, miles of white fabrics, velcro, glue sticks and textural materials since embarking on this mission to do the costumes, wigs and properties for my play, Trudeau. Now, besides cooking and writing, I have become an avid sculptor working with soft materials and kilometres of thread.

Kim, the director of Trudeau and Artistic Director of Presentation House Theatre, has written to say he is open to the idea of my Rita play for next season.I have a meeting with him tomorrow. Trudeau ends mid June. I am going to propose he give me until the end of August to write a rendering before he decides.  Heaven: My many summer walks will be to ruminate on a form and structure for the Rita play.

My goal is to develop a play a year and I would love to do them at Presentation House.

No comments: