Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Hudson's Visit

Rain! Since November we’ve been experiencing a plague of H20.
Early Tuesday afternoon Hudson (13 years old) arrived. He’s polite, so he agreed to join me on a research trip to Home Depot. I walked every aisle looking for materials to use with the marble dress. I saw some neat things, but not what I wanted.
Hudson: “That was way more fun than I thought it would be.”
I took him to Provence restaurant for dinner and we had a lovely French waiter so we spent the night in French — Hudson goes to a French-language school.
I went to bed exhausted as soon as we got home. As a consequence, I’ve been up since 3:30 am. It was hard to work because I could not find my glasses anywhere; I had ot sue my distance glasses to work at my computer while Hudson slept.
When we took his bed apart once he was up, I found them in his bed. How they got there is beyond me. I accused him of theft. We had a great laugh.
Now it’s on to the marble dress. And while on the topic of my project: Today is the start of the fourth week since the Boca competition deadline.
When I administered competitions I always informed the successful applicant(s) first and secured my relationship with them before I gave the unsuccessful applicants their news so I have this sense that Boca’s successful applicants already know they’ve “won.”
So what the hell am I going to do with these things? I’ve considered getting a locker but it’s so expensive. It seems to come down to another question: What am I going to do next winter? And what about the winter after that?


















No comments: