Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Cold!

Wet, wet, wet. It seemed that all we’d get all day, was water. And it was dull and grey. But I have books, so all is well; I read and wish the dark and wet would go away. It was so lovely to be cozy by a fire and with all my beloved animal friends close by. At 9:15, Her Highness and I went to meet Regina and her Molly, to walk together through the forest trails. Although it seems unappealing as I dress for a wet walk, once we’re out there, I’m always glad I came because at the end I got to come home again to the warmth of the fire.

It rained all day. I finished my 29th Commissario Brunetti novel and today I will likely begin my last of the Donna Leon novels. But it’s absolutely glorious morning. The coming five days are all predicted to be warm and sunny, so my big task during this spell of lovely weather, will be to assemble the wood splitter. Plus, I have some planting to do, so today I’ll be happy to be outside a fair bit. Ron is coming at 1:00 to walk Her Highness.

I just went outside for the first time to clean the cats litter box that’s in my cattery patio, and it’s bloody freezing out there. It’s 7°! That’s the coldest it’s been so far this season, and I don’t like it. I hate being cold. I’ll be dressing warmly before Her Highness and I go for our morning walk. Sigh. 















No comments: