Friday, October 6, 2023

Splitter Assembly

Wednesday dawned iffy. There was a dense cloud cover, but there were periodic periods of brightness and sunshine. I’m now routinely lighting the fire in the morning to warm the house for the day. I love being warm. I did domestic errands in the morning and then took Her Highness for a trail walk before heading into town to deliver all my recyclables to GIRO, our recycling depot. 

After that, I went grocery shopping to get supplies for a tart I’m going to make to take to Stacy’s on Saturday. And then it was off to my meeting with the insurer at the bank before coming home for lunch and then the arrival of Grey and Sarah. They came over from next door to help me assemble the wood splitter. 

And oh … putting togther the splitter. What a job. The box was too heavy to lift, so I loaded parts into the wheelbarrow to move them onto the deck where we could work on assembly. It is one heavy piece of machinery! The instructions were nasty, but with three of us to consult together, we got the monster assembled. Today, I’ll pick up some oil and gasoline and tomorrow, Greivin and Sarah will come back, and we’ll try firing the thing up.

François arrived just before six in his amazing new electric car. It is so space age and sleek. It was thrilling to go for a drive in it. And dinner at Woodfire was fabulous. Plus, I was home early and in bed at nine. Sometimes I go to bed mighty early. But then I get up early too. I was up and raring to go at five this morning.

I’ve a Zoom meeting this morning with my UK stutter group, and I hope to resolve my insurance quest today.

















No comments: