Monday, April 11, 2016

D (Diagnosis?) Day


Well maybe not. Tomorrow may lead to tests that eventually lead to a diagnosis. But boy, today has there been a solid day of action.

First Art's office (he's my GP) called to say my June appointment with Dr. Morrison had been moved from June to this coming Friday. I was giddy. But then Dr. Morrison's office called saying they had a cancellation and that I could come in TOMORROW MORNING at 9:00 am.

Then I got all worked up and excited over what may have been an overly enthusiastic presumption on my part. I took emotional hold of a word mentioned in a phone call: Dysarthria. It seemed to fit my symptoms and I got all excited.

Then Art called. He said the perfect thing: "Let's wait and see what Morrison says, but don't worry, I'll stick with you until we get to the bottom of this."

So tomorrow morning my voice gets some serious attention. I am very relieved and excited. One more sleep until the next step.

No comments: