Sunday, October 20, 2024

Endless Rain

 Saturday was a very slow day. We got off to an early start because I wanted to avoid line ups at the polling station. I arrived at our elementary school at 8:30 and walked directly into vote. I was in and out in a matter of 2 minutes, then Sheba and I went for a walk while the rain was falling more gently than it had been all morning.

Still, it was very wet and so without realizing it, I started walking faster than I should have and by the time I was a couple of minutes away from the car, I was heaving. The last two minutes of our walk was torture for me. Damn!

I kept a nice warm with a small fire going all day, and I did little chores and spent too much time going down rabbit holes on the Internet. In the evening, I binge watched Rivals on Disney+ because I’ll watch anything with David Tennant in it.

I didn’t watch the election results, but I did somewhat freak out over videos of flooding in West Vancouver where I grew up. Dundarave was underwater and some of the streets leading down to the ocean from high up on the mountain side were rivers. Here on Gabe, it wasn’t bad at all. It didn’t rain all day yesterday, but last night, heavy rain returned and it’s raining this morning, although not very heavily.

Today will also be a very slow day. I’ll keep the fire going and I’ll putz, putter and play all day.
















No comments: