Tuesday, October 1, 2024

More Help From Pete

Happily, the sunshine returned to our paradise island before our morning walk with our fellow dog walkers and their puppers. We went to Ricki Avenue trail at my suggestion and again, with slow steps and a rest or two, I made it to the top of the hill. I’m so happy to feel a little less proximate to the grave. 

When we were done, I came home to do—what else—chores in the house and yard, but things did not go as planned. First, I got an email from Tracy at STAMMA. She is our host and leader, and she is going to miss this month’s and next month’s sessions, so I will be the host for those sessions. I’ve been the host for the past two months so it’s no problem for me, but there are technical things to sort out with STAMMA.

And then Pete came by with some plants for me and I asked him for help with my kitchen sink tap. He’s kindly agreed to help me, bless him, and in exchange, I have offered to host his partner’s 60th birthday bash here at my house. I told him that all his guests could assemble here (I have much more space than they do in my home). I proposed that I invite he and Ally here for dinner and he could let Ally think that is the extent of his birthday plans for her. But when they arrived here …. SURPRISE! All their friends and her yoga students will be here to celebrate.

That plan may not materialize. If it doesn’t, I’ll find another way to thank Pete for his help with the faucet. I’m relieved that he’ll fix it. It’s been wobbly for months. There’s no leak, just instability because the wood it’s fastened to is rotten from the leak that led to the new faucet that’s now so unstable. It’s been really bothering me, having the wobbly faucet, so I’m relieved Pete will fix it.

After Pete left, Her Highness and I went to Rollo Park to play fetch. We had the entire park to ourselves because it was overcast. I love being in such a big open space with no trees. It’s two large baseball playing fields, side by side. Shebie gets excited every afternoon as fetch time approaches. She whimpers with excitement in the call, and she takes off like a rocket when I open the car door, and I haven’t even thrown the ball yet.

After that, I wrote my notes for my session today with Dr. Shoja. 















No comments: