Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Slugs

Tuesday was slow and easy. We did nothing but perfect our appetite for sloth. However, we did take a morning walk, and we did our daily game of fetch in the afternoon. Otherwise, little was accomplished.

I did however have a great session with Dr. Shoja. I’m so glad I have her in my life and that she welcomes me every month into her mind and soul. But because I had my Zoom appointment with her, I missed this week’s ASL session and that was a disappointment.

The afternoon flew by as I did little, but we both enjoyed our trip to Rollo to play fetch. And then we came home, and I built up the fire because it was such a damp and dark day. And then another night like every other: I had dinner on the chaise watching a movie. Then I went to bed early.

Today has dawned bright and clear. We shall walk with our friends this morning and in the afternoon, I have an appointment with my GP about a referral to my asthma doctor, and to bring her up to speed on the modest improvement in my breathing.

I love this: There’s a Breton folktale that when the Devil saw how much the French loved God for giving them snails, he decided to try his hand at making them, and that is how the world got its slugs. The monsters are everywhere along our trails; they’re coal black or camouflage greens.















No comments: